I was reminded of this recipe when I saw it on blogger Extrapetite‘s Instagram story. Hers is sweeter because she uses the full can of creamed corn. I called my mom up for her version. This is a great go-to for a cold day which somehow there are still plenty left of this “Spring.”
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
~90 calories/cup/serving. 5 total servings.
- 1/2 can of Del Monte’s Sweet Corn Cream Style
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 chicken tenders, boiled & shredded*
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp Cornstarch, mixed with 2 Tbsp of cool water (optional if you like your soup thicker)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring broth and sweet corn cream style to a medium boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add thawed corn kernels and shredded chicken. Bring to a low boil.
- Slowly add whisked eggs while stirring pot. Let boil 2-3 mins.
*My mom likes to boil the chicken with some onion because it tames that not so great smell of boiled chicken.
This is definitely my favorite healthy-ish soup. When I order it at restaurants, it just doesn’t hit the spot so I prefer the homemade version. I wonder how this would taste if the chicken were substituted with tofu. Do let me know if you try it out!
*This recipe is husband approved*
Nom noms. Enjoy!