It’s February 1st! Time to see how I’m doing so far for my 5 New Year’s Resolutions for 2018 (<– You can read the original post here.)
- Get Organized – My email inbox is a lot better. I just have 149 unopened emails right now which is mostly just junk. I did purchase these items: make-up case, shoe organizer & storage drawers and my closet looks SOOO much better along with one of my bathroom drawers I had all my make-up in. It’s so nice to be able to see all the things you own so you utilize them more.
2. Get Deepika Padukone’s Abs & Eat Healthier – I don’t have Deepika’s abs at all yet and the weight on the scale isn’t really changing but I have noticed some other positive changes. My butt is getting a lift and my stomach is getting a little flatter. But to help myself from getting discouraged, I did buy the RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale. So even if I don’t see my weight changing, I could just be building muscle. It seems pretty accurate.
My diet is not so good so definitely that has to change. I am keeping a good amount of healthy food stocked in the house but there’s an equal amount of dessert and junk food around. I am doing cardio about 4-5 times a week and burning 300-400 calories each session. I haven’t been doing any bodyweight exercises. I think I need to purchase a kettle bell to help me out but I’m afraid I’ll just damage our wooden floors.
Side note: wooden floors are awful. I’m constantly dropping stuff out of the fridge and leaving little dents. Wooden floors are definitely the hardest part of adulting and you don’t care about them until you’ve bought a place that has them….Sorry Mom and Papa.
3. Tune My Phone Out – Oh jeez, this has probably worsened so much because of this blog. I’m constantly checking stats to see how many visitors I get to my site. Should I start rewarding myself with an M & M every half-hour I don’t use my phone? I don’t know how to fix this and I don’t want one of those apps that locks you out of your phone because I don’t want any sort of emergency to occur.
4. Experience More – I haven’t gotten out and explored much yet but I am reading all about some of the changes going on and following local news. For example, there’s going to be a pizza shop in an old funeral home. What’s funny is that the pizza is delicious! (Here’s the article on that.) Also, there’s going to be a Friendly Toast opening here in April! I’ve never been but I’m down for more places that offer alcohol with brunch.
I did go to a Galentine’s Day Party, basically an all girls Valentine’s Day party. It was a lot of fun and just really nice to chat with some new faces and talk about all our experiences in Vermont and the things to do there. I did want to check out the indoor Burlington Farmer’s Market solo but I got caught up with some other things and missed it. I’ll try to catch the next one.
5. Study – My goal was to do 2 hours of Continuing Education (CE) and read 1 article/case study a week. I’ve done maybe 2.5 hours of CE’s for the full month of January so I haven’t hit my goal. And I never received my Pharmacy Times magazine in the mail…hmm….But I did tack on a new goal: I’d like to get my ACLS certification so right now I’m just reviewing the basics of the heart and then I’ll start teaching myself EKG’s.
Overall I don’t think I’m failing hardcore so far so I’m pretty happy with myself. I’m glad I’m doing this because I can analyze where I’m going wrong and correct myself. And there’s nothing like posting your resolutions for everyone to see, so you have to hold yourself accountable.
How is everyone else doing with their New Year’s Resolutions?
This post does contain affiliate links but all opinions are honest and my own.